“Wroes (Bude) Ltd” is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
“Wroes (Bude) Ltd” may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 11/05/2018.
This policy, applies whether you visit our stores, go online or use a mobile device, provides you with information about:
- How we use you data;
- What personal data we collect;
- How we ensure your privacy is maintained;
- Your legal rights relating to your personal data.
How we use your data
Wroes (Bude) Ltd (and trusted partners on our behalf) uses your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored service through our website, and reward card service;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify you identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers, products and services which we think interest you;
- for market research purposes- we like to ensure you get the best products for you;
- to enable Wroes (Bude) Ltd to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute)
We use your personal data to send you electronic marketing purposes (when you give us you permission); also to send you postal mail to update you on offers and also contact you with information/vouchers connected to your reward card (should you have signed up for this service)
You have the right to opt out of any of the above at any time, by:
- unsubscribing through your registered account on the website (wroes.co.uk) and/or through your reward card account (wroes-rewards.co.uk);
- using the ”unsubscribe” link in emails we send you;
- By contacting our head office on 01288 353 789
We may use your browsing and purchasing activity, both online & in store to contact you with relevant information. We use data from your reward card usage (when signed up) and through our website we use Google analytics to track your online browsing.
Sharing data with third parties
For us to provide certain services to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners.
- Delivery services
- Reward card services
Wroes (Bude) Ltd only allows providers to handle your personal data when we confirm that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. The data provided is only used to provide services to Wroes (Bude) Ltd and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, Wroes (Bude) Ltd will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customers data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- Credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
- Governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals, and insurers where we are required to do so;
- To comply with our legal obligations;
- To exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- For the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- For the protection of our employees and customers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not keep your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Different kinds of data are kept for different periods, however the longest we will keep them is 10 years.
What data do we collect?
Wroes (Bude) Ltd may collect the following information about you:
- Your name, age/date of birth and gender;
- Your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and email addresses;
- Purchases and orders made by you;
- Your on-line browsing activities on Wroes (Bude) Ltd websites;
- Your password(s)
- When you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
- Your communication and marketing preferences;
- Your interests, preferences, feedback and survey results;
- Your location;
- Your correspondence and communications with Wroes (Bude) Ltd, and
our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this policy. Some of the above data is collected by us, such as when you sign up for a service we provide or register for an online account. Data will also be kept when you communicate with us via email. Other data is collected indirectly, such as your browsing information or shopping activity. We also collect personal data from third parties who have consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
How we protect your data
We are committed to keeping your personal data safe & secure. Our security measures include:-
- Encryption of data;
- Regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- Regular scenario planning and crisis management exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents.
- Security controls which protect the entire Wroes (Bude) Ltd IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
- Training of staff to ensure your data is taken and secure in line with this policy.
Protecting your data
Wroes (Bude) Ltd will never ask you for any bank account details or card payments through email. If you do receive an email claiming to be from Wroes asking for this, please ignore this and do not reply.
To keep your data safe whilst using shopping online:
- Do not disclose your password(s) If they do become known to anyone please change your password as soon as possible as they will then have access to your account.
- We always recommend that you change your password regularly . This can be done when you are logged into your online account.
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask what personal data we hold about you at any time,
- To update or correct personal data we hold about you free of charge; and
- The right to opt out of any marketing communication that we may send you.
If you should wish to opt out at any time please contact us on the details below.
We collect and use customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer as you move around our website. Cookies are used for effective operation of our websites and to help you shop with us online.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to site navigation.
- To enable Wroes (Bude) Ltd to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use.
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means: –
Tel: 01288 353 789
E-mail us at: email@example.com
Write to us at Wroes (Bude) Ltd 11-23 Belle Vue, Bude, Cornwall , EX23 8JN
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.
This policy was last updated in May 2018