In 2019 Wroes will be celebrating its 100th Birthday!!!
Wroes of Bude was established in 1919 when a lease was granted for 4 Tapsons Terrace, later to become 18 The Strand in 1930. Mr and Mrs GW Wroe of Camelford opened up the original shop stocking the strange mix of ladies gowns and gramophone records! The business changed hands several times before being bought in 1946 by Mr and Mrs CE Ball and continues to be run by the same family. Over the years the business has steadily expanded and developed into modern department store with 2 smaller outlets in Wadebridge and Launceston.
Wroes has always succeeded through being innovative and forward looking, however we are taking this opportunity to celebrate our history and beginnings. As part of our celebrations we would love to hear from anyone who has any old photos, memorabilia, old products and any memories of Wroes.